How To Install OctoberCMS Via Softaculous In cPanel?
A step by step guide on how to install OctoberCMS via Softaculous in cPanel.
1. First log into your cPanel account.
2. Then in the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon. (cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.)
3. After that on the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the OctoberCMS link that will appear.
4. Then click on the Install button.
5. After that fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL:
- Select the appropriate protocol.
- Choose the appropriate domain.
- Inside the “In Directory” field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
6. Then under Site Settings field:
- Admin Folder: You can leave this as it is.
7. After that is done fill the following information under the Admin Account field:
- Username: Your new OctoberCMS username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Password: Use a strong password.
- First Name: Enter your first name
- Last Name: Enter your last name.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your OctoberCMS Website.
8. Then you can choose the language of your OctoberCMS. The default language of OctoberCMS is English.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
10. Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
You have successfully installed OctoberCMS via Softaculous in cPanel.
Visit our blog for more knowledgebase articles !
5 Things To Do With Your Web Hosting
June 9, 2023
HostingB2B Wins Cloud Platform of the Year Award 2022!
April 4, 2023
How to Configure Email on Your iPhone
January 27, 2023