Softaculous | How to Install Drupal via Softaculous in cPanel?
Install Drupal via Softaculous in cPanel
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Drupal link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose the version you want to install: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the “In Directory” field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
- Cron job: You can leave this as it is.
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Drupal username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.
- Password: Use a strong password.
- Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Drupal Website.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
You have now installed Drupal via softaculous cpanel
Visit our blog for more knowledge base articles !
November 28, 2022
November 8, 2022
September 26, 2022