Plesk vs cPanel: Which Control Panel is best for you?
by Maria S
We all know that for a website to function properly and to be accessible to the public it needs web hosting. That means every website owner needs to be able to access the web server that their website resides on.
This happens with the use of control panels. This is the way that countless of people, experts and not, are able to work on their websites as they are running.
In this blog, we will draw a comparison of Linux cPanel and Windows Plesk I order to help you decide which control panel is best for you.
What Is a Control Panel?
A control panel refers to the Windows graphical user interface (GUI) for controlling web server options. Control panels are made for the average skilled person, so that making changes on web servers is simple without the need of a tech expert.
The control panel is used for tasks such:.
- Domain name management
- Email management
- File management
- Security features
- Backup Options
- Install Server software
cPanel Control Panel
cPanel is the most used control panel to this day. It boasts an intuitive user level interface and a functional server management interface.
Key features include:
- ️ The ability to set up most CMS’s using intuitive installers
- ️ A large number of useful tools, including database tools and backup tools
- ️ The control panel is Linux-based
- ️ Can be used alongside WHM to power a hosting platform
Plesk Control Panel
Plesk is a control panel that is designed to help you secure, build, and run your apps and websites. Its focus is on simplicity and ease-of-use. Plesk is a little younger than cPanel.
Key Features Include:
- Support for Linux and Windows servers
- Supports and provides installers for the majority of popular CMS’s
- Provides account management features and server management features out-of-the-box
Comparison of the two:
|Migration||You have to use the Transfer Tool present in WHM. It cannot be done using cPanel alone.||It can be done using the Plesk Migrator Tool.|
|The dashboard of cPanel|
· is simple
· easier to navigate
· best option for the beginners who have no experience of hosting before.
|The dashboard of the Plesk is quite different from cPanel.|
· The features on the dashboard, in case of Plesk, are very much depending on the individual settings of the website.
· The processes and activities in this control panel are a bit complex as compared with cPanel.
|· Linux||· Linux|
· Windows systems
cPanel has cut back on how much memory is used, freeing things up to let their pages load faster. Account creation and management tasks are also significantly faster.
Plesk overall is slower to load especially in the account creation and management areas.
|· AutoSSL – automatically installs and renews Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.|
· cPHulk force protection.
· Supports CSF (ConfigServer Security & Firewall).
· Email spam filters
· Each user get to use SSH access, IP blocker, hotlink protection, leech protection, ModSecurity, two-factor authentication.
|· Plesk Firewall – Plesk’s custom firewall that you can configure.|
· AutoSSL – automatically installs and renews Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates.
· ImunifyAV – intelligent antivirus and monitoring tools: one-click malware cleanup, domain reputation monitoring, blacklist status checking.
· Spam defense for emails
|Support & Backups||· Backups have to be performed manually and are stored in the local backup directory of your server.|
· You can submit a support ticket or have to pay $65 for priority phone support.
|· Website backup tools are available like DropBox, AWS S3, Google Drive, and Acronis.|
· You can call or chat with them 24*7 without paying any fee. It doesn’t matter if you are their partner or not.
|SSL||Let’s Encrypt + Symantec||Let’s Encrypt|
Plesk vs cPanel – what’s your decision?
Overall, with both control panels it is possible to operate and take full advantage of your web server and its. When choosing between cPanel and Plesk remember that they’ll both get you what you want, but it depends entirely on your own personal preference.
Why Hostingb2b Solutions ? Contact us TODAY to find out!
Here are some of the other services we provide here At HostingB2B:
November 10, 2023
October 26, 2023