Install LifeType via Softaculous in cPanel
A simple guide to help you install LifeType via Softaculous in cPanel.
1. Firstly log into your cPanel account.
2. Then in the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. After that cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the LifeType link that will appear.
5. Then click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the “In Directory” field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Username: Your new LifeType username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
- Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your LifeType blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your LifeType blog. The default language of LifeType is English.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
Congratulations you have installed LifeType via Softaculous in cPanel.
Visit our blog for more knowledgebase articles !