Generate a Certificate Signing Request in cPanel – SSL
Generate a Certificate Signing Request in cPanel - SSL
For obtaining a certificate from a Trusted SSL Provider, the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is required. You can generate a Certificate Signing Request in cPanel from your cPanel. CSR is also needed for self-signed SSL certificates.
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Security section, click on the SSL/TLS icon.
3. Under Certificate Signing Request, Click on Generate, View or Delete CSR Link.
4. Scroll down and enter the following details:
- Domains: Enter your domain name like www.example.com (Domains with www will cover both non-www and www domains)
- City: Your city name
- State: Your state name Country: Choose your country name from the drop-down menu.
- Company: Your Company name or leave it blank.
- Company Division: Name of your company division.
- Email: Enter your email address of domain like support @ example.com
- Passphrase: Enter a passphrase (Maximum of 20 characters) and do not use special characters.
5. Finally, click on the Generate button. Now you will generate a Certificate Signing Request in cPanel – CSR , and you need to copy the CSR code and save it to your PC. You can use your CSR while purchasing an SSL or reissuing an SSL in the future.