How to install Serendipity via Softaculous in SiteWorx?
A guide to help you install Serendipity via Softaculous in SiteWorx.
1. Firstly log into your SiteWorx account. (e.g. www.example.com:2443/siteworx/ )
2. Then under SiteWorx Menu, click the Hosting Features menu item if it is not already open.
3. Then click on the Softaculous option.
4. After that SiteWorx will open a Softaculous Interface.
5. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the Serendipity link that will appear.
6. Then click on the Install button.
7. After that fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the “In Directory” field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
8. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
- Site Description: Site Description
9. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Username: Your new Serendipity username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
- Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad! You will need these login details to access the admin area of your Serendipity blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Serendipity blog. The default language of Serendipity is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup.
Note: Taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
Congratulations you have installed Serendipity via Softaculous in SiteWorx.
Visit our blog for more knowledgebase articles !
How to Configure Email on Your iPhone
January 27, 2023
Dubai VPS vs Dubai Dedicated Server Hosting
March 18, 2022