How to create an FTP account in SiteWorx?
by Maria S
You can use your SiteWorx username and password to access all folders and files via FTP. However, if you want to create an FTP user account for a specific folder or you don’t want to allow access to your root files then you can create a separate FTP account.
1. Log into your SiteWorx account. (e.g. www.example.com:2443/siteworx/ )
2. Under SiteWorx Menu, click the Hosting Features menu item if it is not already open.
3. Click the FTP menu item and then click on Accounts option.
4. Under the Add an FTP Account field, fill in the following details:
- FTP Username: Enter an FTP username like NewFTPUser.
- Password: Enter a new FTP password in the password field, and the confirm password field or generate a new password by clicking on the Generate button.
- Home Directory: Leave this as it is.
5. Click on the Add button.
Now you can access your FTP Account by using your newly-created FTP account like:
- Host: Your Website IP or enter your website name like ftp.example.com (replace example.com with your website address).
- Username: [email protected]
- FTP Port: 21 (Default port is 21).
- FTP Password: Your FTP password.
Visit our blog for more knowledgebase articles !