Linux Web Hosting vs Windows Web Hosting
by George L
Linux hosting is where web hosting happens by using a Linux-based server, and without a hosting server, a website cannot have a presence on the internet. Linux is known as an open-sourced system because its source code can be edited, redistributed or altered for commercial and non-commercial environments. Linux is a popular operating system because it offers flexibility, a wide range of options and customizations for users and capability of the server.
- Linux Hosting gives you flexibility while using an open-source technologies such as Apache, PHP and MySQL.
- As it has been around for many years, it has earned the reputation of being a stable and safe Hosting provider.
- The security of a Linux server is much more efficient and advanced in comparison to a windows platform.
- Linux hosting is compatible with various databases and highly desirable as it ensures its importance in an ever-changing playing field.
- Linux hosting lacks in compatibility with multiple window-based applications and technologies used today.
- Some programming languages like ASP and its extensions are not suitable to be used on Linux operating systems.
- Linux servers cannot be used for porting of websites which have already been scripted or designed for the Windows environment.
Windows web hosting is a website hosting server, like Linux, however it runs by Windows OS or its other variants. When using a Windows Hosting Server, your website gains access to Windows Web development technologies.
- Windows web hosting is Microsoft friendly. This is important as various websites or businesses rely on products of Microsoft for their functionality. Some of these products are Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Because Windows Web hosting is based on a Windows Server OS, it allows you to manage your server and scale it without any worries about security risks. Usually, Window hosting packages come with user-friendly Plesk control panel, which is user-friendly, making it easy for you to make changes where needed.
- Nowadays, you can find affordable Microsoft plans for quite a fair price, however it used to be quite expensive to purchase a Microsoft license, making Microsoft Web Hosting a reasonably priced.
- It is not as secure as Linux. If you compare the two, yo9u will notice significant differences in the level of security of Linux and the level of security of Windows. Windows is vulnerable to various attacks, whereas Linux will give you peace of mind.
- Compared to Linux hosting, and dependent on the Hosting solutions provider, generally you pay more for Windows Web Hosting.
- Windows, unlike Linux, are not known for their dependability. Their servers are less stable and are able to run only a few programs at a time without crashing.
No OS is better than the other. However, both are unique and serve their best to specific user requirements and market needs. Both the OS have different marketing target.
Linux offers great speed and security, on the other hand, Windows offers great ease of use, so that even non-tech-savvy people can work easily on personal computers.
Linux is employed by many corporate organizations as servers and OS for security purpose while Windows is mostly employed by business users and gamers.
At HostingB2B, we offer both web hosting solutions and encourage whichever choice you make, based on your needs. There is not a set path for which hosting solution you should be using, which is why we support our clients in choosing what is best for their businesses, no matter the size or industry.
For more information, visit our webpage on Web Hosting.
Why Hostingb2b Solutions ? Contact us TODAY to find out!
Here are some of the other services we provide here At HostingB2B:
December 1, 2023
November 10, 2023