How to install Mambo via Softaculous in cPanel?
A step by step guide to help you install Mambo via Softaculous in cPanel.
1. First log into your cPanel account.
2. Then in the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon. (cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.)
3. After that on the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Mambo link that will appear.
4. Then click on the Install button
5. After that fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL:
- Choose the appropriate protocol/domain.
- Inside the “In Directory” field:
- If you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name.
- Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
6. Then under Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as Mambo.
- Site Description: Site Description.
7. After that under Database Settings field:
- Table Prefix: You can leave this as it is.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Username: The default username is Admin (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or use your full name.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Mambo Website.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup.
Note: that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
10. Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
You have successfully installed Mambo via Softaculous in cPanel.
Visit our blog for more knowledgebase articles !
January 27, 2023
November 28, 2022
August 18, 2022